Jashanmal to address Emirates NBD session
Dubai, August 26, 2013
Emirates NBD, a UAE-based bank, has revealed that Tony Jashanmal will give the keynote address at its next networking session.
The session entitled ‘Emirates NBD Global Business Series’ will be held at the Godolphin Ballroom at Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Dubai.
Jashanmal is a member of the board of directors at the Jashanmal Group, a retail conglomerate in the Middle East and his address will focus on his career with the group, establishing several new businesses within the company, targeting sectors like print media, men’s accessories, tobacco and fashion.
He will also discuss his role in rebuilding Jashanmal’s Kuwait operations following the Gulf War in the early nineties and driving the group’s expansion into India while entering into an array of joint ventures.
Jashanmal Group operates over 150 stores in five countries with a wholesale division supplying a network of over 1,000 points of sale every day in segments including travel retail, mass and mid-market outlets, and high-end retailers, with a diverse product group including home appliances, luggage, tobacco and print media.
The group grew from a small general store in Basra in 1919 to a corporation with multi-channel activities in the GCC and India with headquarters in the UAE.
The event is part of a series of networking sessions that give SME owners and entrepreneurs an opportunity to meet and interact with icons of the UAE business community, said a statement.
The session is organised in coordination with the Intelligent SME magazine and supported by Dubai SME as a strategic partner, and Emirates NBD Business Banking as the title sponsor. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit