NBK among 50 safest banks for 8th time
Kuwait, August 24, 2013
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK), for the eighth consecutive time, has been listed among the 50 safest banks in the world.
NBK ranked 37 on the list, illustrating the success of the bank’s conservative strategy, prudent risk management and dedication to service excellence, a statement said.
NBK is the only Arab bank to be listed among the 50 safest banks in the world for the eighth consecutive time. NBK ranked above several international financial heavyweights including US Bancorp and Bank Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.
The rankings, compiled by international finance magazine, Global Finance, are based on evaluations of long-term credit ratings—from Moody’s, Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings—and total assets of the 500 largest banks worldwide.
Global Finance's annual ranking of World's 50 Safest Banks has been a recognized and trusted standard of creditworthiness for the entire financial world for more than 20 years. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector
- DME sets new trading records
- SABB named ‘Bank of the Year’