250 experts for Bahrain takaful forum
Manama, August 22, 2013
The second annual Middle East Takaful Forum (METF 2013) is set to gather over 250 high-level senior decision-makers from the regional insurance industry.
It will be held on October 7 and 8 in Bahrain, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Discussions will seek to overcome the profitability challenge for Middle East takaful operators and achieve sound and sustainable underwriting profitability.
The theme for METF 2013 picks up on these challenges and opportunities and focuses on "Adapting to Change: Fresh Thinking to Boost the Efficiency, Profitability and Scale of Islamic Co-operative Insurance in the Middle East".
These key elements will determine which takaful players will be best placed to take advantage of strongly increasing product demand based on exciting consumer demographics, rising income levels and an increasing appetite for Sharia-compliant products. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Bahrain |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card