250 experts for Bahrain takaful forum
Manama, August 22, 2013
The second annual Middle East Takaful Forum (METF 2013) is set to gather over 250 high-level senior decision-makers from the regional insurance industry.
It will be held on October 7 and 8 in Bahrain, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Discussions will seek to overcome the profitability challenge for Middle East takaful operators and achieve sound and sustainable underwriting profitability.
The theme for METF 2013 picks up on these challenges and opportunities and focuses on "Adapting to Change: Fresh Thinking to Boost the Efficiency, Profitability and Scale of Islamic Co-operative Insurance in the Middle East".
These key elements will determine which takaful players will be best placed to take advantage of strongly increasing product demand based on exciting consumer demographics, rising income levels and an increasing appetite for Sharia-compliant products. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Bahrain |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit