Bayna Al Awani
Daman appoints new CFO
Abu Dhabi, August 21, 2013
Abu Dhabi-based National Health Insurance Company (Daman) has appointed Bayna Al Awani as its new chief financial officer (CFO).
Al Awani assumes responsibility for Daman’s financial management and control, legal affairs, insurance underwriting and procurement services; reporting to CEO Dr Michael Bitzer.
Daman’s chairman Khaled Al Qubaisi said: “Bayna has greatly impressed us during her time with Daman. She has always displayed great integrity and broad vision during her time with us which made her the logical choice to assume this key role within our management team. We are confident that she has the right talent and expertise to take on the role of CFO and will prove a real asset to Daman.”
“The development of Bayna’s leadership and management competencies over the past four years is a testament to the success of our Emiratisation plan which forms an integral part of our current and future strategy. We will continue to support and integrate the UAE National workforce into the growing field of health insurance,” he added.
Al Awani joined Daman in 2009 as director of Finance and has held senior finance positions in the oil and gas industry; bringing with her more than 15 years of experience.
“Working at Daman over the past few years has proven extremely rewarding, I am grateful for the opportunity to be part of such a forward-thinking and innovative company. I would like to thank the Board for their trust and affording me the opportunity to develop my career further,” Al Awani said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit