NBK Bahrain posts $54m net profit in H1
Manama, August 20, 2013
National Bank of Kuwait - Bahrain (NBK Bahrain), the subsidiary of NBK Group in Bahrain, reported a net profit of $53.9 million for the first half of 2013 compared with $37.5 million for the same period last year, a growth of 44 per cent.
NBK Bahrain’s total assets increased by 18 per cent year-over-year (y-o-y) to $6.48 billion at the end of June compared with $5.5 billion at the end of June 2012. Shareholders’ equity increased by 5 per cent to $668 million compared with $636 million a year ago.
NBK Group chief executive officer Ibrahim Dabdoub said: “NBK Bahrain’s performance remains solid despite the challenging operating environment and affirms the success of NBK Group’s regional expansion strategy. Our strategy is built on a culture of prudence and strict risk management practices, which continues to serve us well in all times.”
“NBK’s strategic expansion has become a main pillar on which we will build future growth, as we expect our international branches will continue contributing positively to the Group's profitability and adding value to the growth in our business. We are proceeding steadily and successfully in strengthening our position regionally,” Dabdoub added.
Ali Fardan, NBK Bahrain general manager said that the Bank has been able to achieve strong results despite the difficulties in the local, regional and global markets.
“We have consistently focused on our core business and ways to diversify sources of income. NBK Bahrain benefits from the support of NBK Group to enhance its presence in the Bahraini market and develop new products to serve our corporate and consumer customers,” Fardan said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO