Insurance firm net profit hits $2.2m in H1
Manama, August 15, 2013
New India Assurance, operating in Bahrain since 1961, yesterday reported a net profit of BD836,710 ($2.2 million) for the first half of this year, up from BD554,647 for the same period last year.
The firm's underwriting profit from insurance operations for the period stood at BD785,181 against BD517,491 last time, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Net earned premiums stood at BD2.516 million, registering a growth of 15 per cent against last year's corresponding figure of BD2.192m.
Investment income grew to BD88,673 against BD68,989 a growth of 28 per cent .
Its gross premiums for the period stood at BD3.55 million, up by BD379,969 from last year's half-yearly figure of BD3.17 million.
Net claims reduced to BD1.068 million from BD1.134 million last year.
The company continues to adopt a prudent rating on all range of products and maintains its thrust on personalised service on underwriting and claims by its dedicated staff some of whom are working for more than 25 years.
New India Assurance chief operating officer Vineet Kumar said he was very optimistic about the growth of the general insurance business in Bahrain, though the motor insurance market has seen stiff competition amidst reduction of rates .
Headquartered in Mumbai, New India Assurance operates in 22 countries. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013