Lamees Al Baharna
CFA Society Bahrain appoints new president
Manama, August 5, 2013
CFA Society Bahrain, an association for local investment professionals, has elected its new president and board of directors at its Annual General Meeting recently.
The president is Lamees Al Baharna and the new members of the board include, Mahmoud Nawar, vice president; Ali Moulani, treasurer; Kamlesh Kasala, board secretary; and William Tohme’ and Zeeba Askar, members.
The society has been at the forefront in developing ethics, education and good corporate governance within the investment community. It has developed important working relationships with a host of government bodies such as the Bahrain Bourse and the Central Bank of Bahrain, besides large Bahrain based investment and financial institutions and universities, said a statement.
It has also helped consolidate Bahrain’s position within the international financial community as part of CFA Institute’s international network of nearly 111,000 members based in 141 countries and territories, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey