StanChart wins 5 digital awards
Dubai, July 30, 2013
Standard Chartered bagged five major awards at the 2013 Digital Awards held recently by Global Finance magazine, including ‘Best Consumer Internet Bank for the UAE’.
The bank was also named as ‘Best Online Deposit, Credit and Investment Product Offerings in the Middle East’, ‘Best Website Design in the Middle East’, ‘Best Information Security Initiatives in the Middle East’, and ‘Best in Social Media in the Middle East’.
Khalid El Gibaly, regional head of Consumer Banking, UAE and Middle East, said: “At Standard Chartered, our focus on digitisation revolves around the customer. We believe that technology has to be useful, intuitive and, most importantly, seamless.
“These awards are testament to the success of our “digitisation vision”, and we continue to invest for long-term growth in the region with a focus on digital technologies which we believe will shape the future of banking.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain