Al Hamli and Dr Chilwan
DIB appoints new managing director, CEO
Dubai, July 22, 2013
Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB) has appointed Abdulla Al Hamli as the managing director and a board member for the bank, and Dr Adnan Chilwan as the chief executive officer.
Mohammed Ibrahim Al Shaibani, director-general of The Ruler’s Court of Dubai and chairman of Dubai Islamic Bank, said: “On behalf of the board, I would like to thank Abdulla Al Hamli for his leadership and untiring support in navigating the organisation through the tough and difficult times posed by the global economic downturn in the previous years. I look forward to his continuous support in his new role as the managing director.”
“I am delighted to have Dr Chilwan appointed to lead DIB as the chief executive officer. He is a proven, hands-on leader with commendable pedigree and has consistently delivered outstanding results in his prior assignments,” Al Shaibani added.
The new restructuring is primarily to refocus the bank’s strategy towards an agenda of growth and expansion given the positive local and regional economic outlook, said a statement.
Prior to this appointment Al Hamli has been the CEO of the bank and Dr Chilwan served as the deputy CEO since 2008. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey