Insurance House appoints new CEO
Abu Dhabi, July 20, 2013
Insurance House PSC (IH), a publicly listed company on the Abu Dhabi Securities Market, has announced the appointment of Ahmad Idris as chief executive officer (CEO).
Ahmad Idris is a leading professional in the insurance industry with more than 36 years experience within the UAE and internationally.
Mohammed Abdulla Alqubaisi, chairman of Insurance House, said: “We are pleased to welcome Ahmad Idris to our family as chief executive officer of Insurance House. With determination to accelerate business growth and mark additional success and achievements to Insurance House, Idris’s strategic management skills and extensive experience in the Insurance industry will surely be essential as he takes up the challenge of leading Insurance House to another level.”
Idris said: “Insurance House has achieved many remarkable milestones in a short period of time. It is certainly an honor to be part of this family. I intend to strengthen IH’s position to be a leading company in the insurance industry in the UAE. It is a big responsibility to build up on what Insurance House has achieved so far in the UAE market. Insurance House has invested in the right people and infrastructure to realise its growth plans which shall enhance my mission".
Idris will be succeeding Mohammed Othman, the former general manager of Insurance House, who established Insurance House and drove it to remarkable success in a short period of time.
Insurance House is provider of insurance products and services, meeting international standards in compliance with local requirements ranging from conventional to specialized insurance classes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals