Tamweel Q2 profit rises 40pc
Dubai, July 18, 2013
Dubai mortgage lender Tamweel reported a 40 percent rise in second-quarter profit on Thursday.
Tamweel, which is due to delist from the Dubai Financial Market to allow parent company Dubai Islamic Bank to take full ownership, made a profit of 26.08 million dirhams ($7.1 million) in the three months to June 30.
This compares with a profit of 18.57 million dirhams a year ago, according to a bourse statement. EFG Hermes had forecast Tamweel would make a quarterly profit of 38 million dirhams in the quarter. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services