CBQ completes stake buy into Turkey bank
Dubai, July 18, 2013
Commercial Bank of Qatar (CBQ), the Gulf Arab state's second-largest lender by assets, said on Thursday it had completed the purchase of a 70.84 percent stake in Turkey's Alternatifbank.
The transaction has received the assent of both regulators in Qatar and Turkey, CBQ said in the bourse filing.
A tender offer to acquire 4.16 percent of Alternatifbank shares traded publicly will be announced in due course, the statement added.
CBQ is paying two-times book value as at June 30, 2013, for its stake in the Turkish lender. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head
- Qatar says no plans to issue international debt in 2014
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'
- Islamic banking ‘sustainable way forward’
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units