National Bank of Oman posts flat Q2 profits
Dubai, July 18, 2013
National Bank of Oman, the sultanate's fourth-largest lender by market capitalisation, posted a near-flat second quarter net profit, Reuters calculated, beating analyst estimates.
The lender made a second-quarter net profit of 10.17 million rials ($26.4 million) compared with 10.3 million rials in the corresponding period in 2012.
Net profit for the first half of the year was 18.77 million rials compared with 19.92 million rials in the prior year period, NBO said in a statement on Oman's bourse.
Five analysts polled by Reuters had on average expected the bank to post a net profit of 9.53 million rials for the second quarter. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school