QNB appoints new acting CEO
Doha, July 9, 2013
Qatar National Bank (QNB), the largest Middle East lender by assets, appointed Ali al-Kuwari as acting chief executive officer after a recent government reshuffle that saw its previous head named the Gulf state's finance minister.
Kuwari was the chief business officer at the acquisitive lender, leading the bank's main divisions including corporate, retail and international banking businesses, QNB said in a statement on Tuesday.
Ali al-Emadi, QNB's previous chief executive, who became the Gulf state's new finance minister following a cabinet reshuffle in June, was named chairman of the bank's board of directors earlier this week.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee