Bahrain forum to discuss liability risks
Manama, July 8, 2013
A key forum on a broad range of issues related to professional liability risk across sectors as well as other risks associated with political violence is to be held in Bahrain this year.
More than 300 high-level members of GAIF, leading insurance firms and other industry players, in addition to banks and corporates from the GCC and Mena as well as Africa will be taking part in the 'Professional Liability Insurance Forum, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The event will run from October 21 to 22 at the Ritz-Carlton Bahrain, Hotel and Spa.
It is being organised by the General Arab Insurance Federation in co-operation with the Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA) with the support of the Central Bank of Bahrain.
Al Baraka Banking Group president and chief executive Adnan Yousif will be the keynote speaker at the forum.
"This is a timely event for the financial services sector as well as others and I'm pleased that I will have the opportunity to address participants at the upcoming forum," said Yousif, who is also a director of the Union of Arab Banks.
"With the growth and further development of the banking industry in addition to other key sectors of the economy, risk also increases," he stated.
"We are delighted to announce the participation of one of the long-standing leaders of the region's financial services industry," said BIA chairman and Takaful International chief executive Younis Al Sayed.
"Yousif, with his vast knowledge and experience, will add valuable insight into the important topics being debated at the forum," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai non-oil trade soars to $362bn in 2013
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres