Spotlight on inventory financing
Dubai, July 7, 2013
Menafactors, a company regulated by the DFSA, organised a business breakfast event for trading companies on inventory financing solutions in the Emirate, alongside Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC), a government of Dubai Authority.
The event focused on ‘the latest trends and updates on GCC tradeflows’ and was held at the Capital Club, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), said a statement.
The organisers highlighted various ways to cash in on the region’s growth by integrating the DMCC’s tradeflow system and Menafactors’ expertise in trade finance, it said.
DMCC tradeflow offers a central, web-based registry of ownership for commodities and other assets in the UAE. Owners can store their goods in the country and request the warehouse to issue a DMCC Tradeflow Warrant, allowing for legal representation of ownership. These, in turn, can be pledged to Menafactors in exchange for trade financing, said the statement.
“Menafactors has recognised the benefits of its association with DMCC inoffering Inventory Financing to commodity traders, and we consider it an innovative structure which can help infuse much needed liquidity into the trade finance market, thereby stimulating the Middle East’s trade growth,” said Menafactors CEO Anand Padmanaban.
The DMCC team delivered a presentation on DMCC tradeflow and the benefits available to traders and financiers through membership of the platform. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: DMCC |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn