QNB names finance minister as chairman
Dubai, July 7, 2013
Qatar National Bank has appointed the country's finance minister, Ali Shareef al-Emadi, as chairman of its board of directors, the country’s largest lender said in a statement on Sunday.
Emadi was previously QNB's chief executive. Sunday's statement did not disclose whether he still retained this position.
Emadi was appointed finance minister following a cabinet reshuffle in the Gulf Arab state at the end of June after the ascension of Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani as Emir of Qatar. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector