Kuwait May inflation climbs to 3pc y/y
Kuwait, July 6, 2013
The annual inflation in Kuwait climbed to 3 per cent in May from 2.8 per cent the previous month mainly due to a jump in food prices, said a report.
The food prices, which account for over 18 per cent of the basket, rose 6.3 per cent on an annual basis in May and 0.2 per cent from the previous month, said the KUNA news agency said citing the central statistics office.
The analysts polled by Reuters in April expected average inflation of 3.5 per cent in 2013, up from 3.3 per cent last year.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head