Kipco eyes health insurance company stake
Kuwait, July 5, 2013
Investment group Kuwait Projects Co (Kipco) said it would bid for a stake in Kuwait Health Assurance Co (KHAC) - the first such announcement since the bidding process opened in April.
KHAC, which wants to sell a 26 percent strategic stake to investors, aims to privatise expatriate health insurance and associated medical care.
Kipco, which made the announcement in a statement to the stock exchange, is a major regional investment house that holds stakes in media, industrial, financial and real estate companies.
Kuwait Investment Authority, the country's sovereign wealth fund, set the conditions for the sale and opened the bidding process in April. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head