Qatar real GDP grows 6.2pc y/y in Q1
Doha, June 29, 2013
Qatar's real r gross domestic product (GDP) grew 6.2 per cent year on year in the first quarter on the back of strong non-oil and gas exports, data from the Gulf country's statistics body showed.
The world's top liquefied natural gas exporter was likely to see continued growth in 2013-14, thanks to the strong government capital spending increases, the Qatar Statistics Authority stated in its report.
Analysts polled by Reuters in April forecast real GDP growth of 5 per cent this year and in 2014 after a 6.2 per cent expansion in 2012, it added.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low