Gary Anderson, CEO, DGCX
DGCX to list Sensex futures for trading
Dubai, June 26, 2013
The Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange (DGCX) is set to launch a futures contract based on Sensex, the blue-chip stock index of India’s Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
The US dollar-denominated contract will be formally listed by DGCX on July 5.
DGCX Sensex Futures will be the first Indian index futures to be introduced to the Mena region, said a statement. Considered an accurate gauge of the Indian market, the Sensex Index tracks the performance of 30 of the largest and most heavily traded stocks in the country.
The futures will provide trading opportunities for international investors seeking access to India’s economy. The contract will use the same settlement methodology and calculations as its underlying index, the Sensex, it said.
The launch follows DGCX’s successful Indian Rupee contracts, which continue to generate record trading volumes. The contract is also part of a planned expansion of DGCX’s Emerging Market product offering.
The exchange additionally launched the Indian Rupee futures contract and the Middle East’s Copper futures contract, said the statement.
The listing of Sensex Futures also marks DGCX’s introduction of equities as a new asset class on the exchange. DGCX aims to further expand this equities proposition by launching similar contracts such as the MSCI India Index Futures in the near future, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO