Mashreq signs key deal with Emirates
Dubai, June 23, 2013
UAE-based Mashreq, a leading financial institution, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Emirates Group, enabling processing of applications for retail products without paper based documentation.
The signing ceremony was attended by Tooran Asif, head of Personal Loans at Mashreq and Hussain Shaikh, vice president HR Employee Services, The Emirates Group along with other senior management members.
The partnership enables Emirates Group staff to use e-letter functionality. Emirates Group staff can now apply for a salary transfer letter or salary certificate by applying through their HR online portal and a reference number will be generated for the same.
Simultaneously, that reference is sent to Mashreq’s frontline officers and the customer can approach a branch or Call Centre and will instantly receive a product or a service.
“We are pleased to partner with UAE’s and the world’s leading carrier Emirates to offer its employees a far better banking experience – one that is convenient , instant and paperless,” said Asif.
“Our endeavour at Mashreq is to deliver a financial services proposition with a cutting edge experience. Great innovation sometimes comes in very simple yet effective technology enabled processes.”
Hussain Shaikh said: “We are extremely happy that Mashreq has joined our innovative e-letter initiative. This will now enable our staff banking with Mashreq to get their bank related letters transferred electronically, in a secure encrypted format, directly to the bank, cutting down transaction time.
“The e-letter initiative provides our employees with an easier and more convenient way of accessing their banking requirements. We look forward to more banks joining us to avail this innovative service.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013