NBAD in tie-up to offer global securities news
Abu Dhabi, June 23, 2013
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), a leading bank in the UAE, has partnered with Thomas Murray Data Services (TMDS), a leader in the provision of market risk assessments, to offer clients up-to-date global securities market news.
The global network of TMDS, which cover 50 markets in six continents, would provide news and intelligence covering the local markets’ rules, regulations, systems and procedures for the trading, clearing and settlement of securities in the global market.
“The services of TMDS will provide our clients a greatly added-value service by giving them a comprehensive outlook of the global securities markets,” said Hany Samir, head of Custody and Co-Head of Securities & Funds Administration Services at NBAD.
“TMDS is a global leader in its field and offers NBAD an exciting opportunity to enhance its global market news coverage and to instantaneously share that with our clients.”
Derek Duggan, director, TMDS, said: “We are delighted to be working with a market leader such as NBAD. Working with such companies is testimony to the market leading data provision of TMDS as we continue to enhance our networks, monitoring and risk assessment platforms.”
NBAD is the first licensed custodian bank and the only banking institution originating from the UAE that is licensed by the Emirates Securities & Commodities Authority to be a custodian or custody services provider.
It recently became a direct custodian for NASDAQ-Dubai, thus availing direct custody services for all three UAE Stock Markets. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain