NBAD in tie-up to offer global securities news
Abu Dhabi, June 23, 2013
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), a leading bank in the UAE, has partnered with Thomas Murray Data Services (TMDS), a leader in the provision of market risk assessments, to offer clients up-to-date global securities market news.
The global network of TMDS, which cover 50 markets in six continents, would provide news and intelligence covering the local markets’ rules, regulations, systems and procedures for the trading, clearing and settlement of securities in the global market.
“The services of TMDS will provide our clients a greatly added-value service by giving them a comprehensive outlook of the global securities markets,” said Hany Samir, head of Custody and Co-Head of Securities & Funds Administration Services at NBAD.
“TMDS is a global leader in its field and offers NBAD an exciting opportunity to enhance its global market news coverage and to instantaneously share that with our clients.”
Derek Duggan, director, TMDS, said: “We are delighted to be working with a market leader such as NBAD. Working with such companies is testimony to the market leading data provision of TMDS as we continue to enhance our networks, monitoring and risk assessment platforms.”
NBAD is the first licensed custodian bank and the only banking institution originating from the UAE that is licensed by the Emirates Securities & Commodities Authority to be a custodian or custody services provider.
It recently became a direct custodian for NASDAQ-Dubai, thus availing direct custody services for all three UAE Stock Markets. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO