Mubadala to set up $2bn Russia investment fund
Abu Dhabi, June 22, 2013
Abu Dhabi-based Mubadala Development Company said it has joined hands with Russia's state-backed private equity fund, the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) to set up a $2 billion fund for investment in projects in the country.
Each side will contribute $1 billion and the fund will focus on investments in various industry sectors, they said.
The RDIF was created to give major foreign investors greater comfort in Russia's uncertain business environment and is investing with private equity, strategic investors and sovereign wealth funds.
Russia has been trying to attract investment from around the world for various projects, and the Middle East's oil wealth is a key area to tap.
Investment so far from the region has been minimal, although there have been some commitments made over the past year.
Middle East investors last year put $175 million into Russian power generator Enel OGK-5 alongside the RDIF, while Qatar's sovereign fund this year invested in state-controlled bank VTB.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai non-oil trade soars to $362bn in 2013
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook