Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
Manama, June 19, 2013
Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) has appointed Abdul Razak Al Qassim as its new chairman in the place of Khalid Al Bassam.
The announcement follows approval of the decision by the board during a meeting. It was announced that Al Bassam had expressed his intention of quitting his position to concentrate on his other businesses after eight years as chairman of BisB.
Also at the meeting, the board announced that all formalities related to the purchase of The Investment Dar shares, which represents 51.6 per cent of BisB capital, by NBB and SIO with 25.8 per cent each, had been completed.
The board thanked Al Bassam for his efforts with the bank during his tenure. The bank has also invited its shareholders for an ordinary general meeting to be held on July 7, for the election of a new board.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Bahrain Islamic Bank |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head