NBK opens new branch in UAE
Abu Dhabi, June 18, 2013
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) has opened its new branch in Abu Dhabi, the second in the UAE.
The opening ceremony was attended by the assistant governor for banking supervision Saeed Abdulla Al Hamiz, NBK Group deputy CEO Isam Al Sager and officials, a statement said.
“NBK is keen on strengthening its position in the regional and international markets with more focus on GCC operations,” said Al Sager. “The UAE enjoys positive economic prospects and we are happy to expand our presence in the Emirati market.”
“NBK remains committed to its strategy of balancing its revenues in Kuwait and outside. NBK’s expansion strategy has proved resilient in light of the challenging operating environment,” he added.
The new branch in Abu Dhabi comes as part of the bank's expansion strategy in the UAE, which started with its first branch in Dubai in 2008, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school