Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
Dubai, June 18, 2013
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority said on Tuesday it had repaid a 3.2 billion dirhams ($871.2 million) Islamic bond on June 17.
"The payment of the maturity proceeds along with interest was made on June 17, 2013," Dewa said in a statement to Nasdaq Dubai.
The sukuk was initially issued in June 2008, the state utility said. It did not mention the interest payment in the statement.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head