Caterpillar dealer Unatrac signs $700mn loan
Dubai, June 13, 2013
Unatrac Holding, the distributor of Caterpillar equipment in eight mainly African countries, has signed a $700 million, three-year loan to fund operations and refinance existing debt, it said in a statement on Thursday.
Part of Egyptian conglomerate Mansour Group, Dubai-based Unatrac increased the size of the revolving credit facility from $600 million after receiving pledges from lenders worth double the target amount, it said.
Barclays, Citigroup and JP Morgan arranged the deal, which was joined by a dozen other banks during a marketing period for the firm's debut syndicated loan.
The loan pays an interest rate of 4 per cent over the London interbank offered rate (Libor), Nader Aboushadi, group corporate treasurer at Unatrac, said in an emailed response to questions from Reuters.
Unatrac operates Caterpillar dealerships in Russia, Ghana, Nigeria, Iraq, Tanzania, Sierra Leone, Kenya and Uganda and has an annual turnover of $1.4 billion, according to a company profile. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head