Qatar Exchange hails MSCI decision
Doha, June 12, 2013
Qatar Exchange has welcomed the decision of MSCI, a global financial institution and provider of investment tools, to upgrade the Qatari market from a Frontier Market to Emerging Market.
It noted that this decision is a positive step towards the development of Qatar Exchange and will attract further foreign investments to the Qatari stock market.
Rashid Bin Ali Al-Mansoori, CEO of Qatar Exchange, expressed his satisfaction that the upgrade reflects the recognition the steps made by Qatar Exchange over the past years to meet MSCI requirements, in terms of the development of the market infrastructure and the implementation of a number of important projects and initiatives.
Al-Mansoori stated that the Qatar Exchange has a market cap of over QR 512 billion ($140 billion) and has made great strides in the development of infrastructure, diversification of investment tools available for trading, and launching of many initiatives that have helped various types of investors to enter the market and invest in a more easily efficient and orderly manner.
Qatar Exchange has also complied with the best international practices at various levels, including regulatory issues, operational efficiency and the development of trading and post trading environments, he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3