Forum to discuss Bahrain investment opportunities
Berlin, June 12, 2013
The 16th Arab German Economic Forum, which is being sponsored by Bahrain, opens today (June 12) in Berlin.
Organised by the Arab German Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the General Union of Arab Chambers of Commerce, with the support of the Economic Development Board (EDB), and the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI), the forum will conclude on Friday.
This year's forum is sponsored by Bahrain and will focus on the economic environment and investment opportunities in the kingdom, reported the Gulf daily News, our sister publication.
"There is great opportunity for Bahraini companies to discuss ways of co-operation with their peers in Germany," Arab German Chamber of Commerce and Industry secretary-general Abdulaziz Al Mukhlafi said.
"With the help of the EDB, we have ensured that private sector companies are given an opportunity to meet reputable German companies and discuss potential ways of co-operation between them," he stated
According to Al Mukhlafi, the forum aims to enhance trade relations between Arab countries and Germany, which has reached 49 billion euros in 2012. The value of Arab investment in Germany has totalled 75 billion euros.
"The economic environment in Bahrain is rich with attractive benefits for investment, which we intend to highlight in such events, where foreign investors and decision-makers are our audience," Bahrain's Ambassador in Germany Ibrahim Mahmoud said.
"German companies and investors can use Bahrain as a platform to access the wider GCC market, which is now worth $1.4 trillion."
A high-level delegation will represent Bahrain, including officials from the EDB, BCCI, the eGovernment Authority, Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company, Works Ministry, Culture Ministry and the Bahrain Logistics Zone, in addition to Bahraini businessmen.
The delegation will be meeting their peers from Germany and neighbouring European countries, such as Austria and Switzerland.
With the participation of around 500 delegates annually, the forum represents an opportunity to discuss investment opportunities between Arab and European countries.
The forum will shed light on economic and trade issues, especially in infrastructure, logistics, Information Technology, manufacturing and financial services, small and medium enterprises, family businesses and the role of businesswomen.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit