Professional liability risk forum to be held
Manama, June 11, 2013
Issues related to professional liability risk across the banking, engineering, medical and other sectors will be the focus of a forum, to be held in Bahrain, in October.
The Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA) and the General Arab Insurance Federation (Gaif) informed officials from leading professional societies in the kingdom about the Professional Liability Insurance Forum, at a meeting led by BIA chairman Younis Jamal, held at the Capital Club in Bahrain Financial Harbour.
The meeting highlighted the importance of professional liability insurance for all sectors.
The forum, to be held under the patronage of the Central Bank of Bahrain, will be on October 21 and 22 October, at the Ritz Carlton, Bahrain.
“The BIA is pleased to have the opportunity to address representatives from Bahrain’s leading businesses societies and associations. No matter the industry it is essential that professionals and organisations are effectively mitigating their professional risk. We had a very informative and interactive session with the socities in attendance," said Jamal.
"We not only brought them up to speed on the importance and objectives of the Forum we will be holding in October but came to better understand the current challenges and risks facing each of their industries from a professional occupational risk perspective. We are confident the Forum will offer them and their members solutions to these challenges in the forum of information on insurance products covering directors and officers liability, bankers blanket bonds, political risk, professional indemnity and medical malpractice,” he added.
BIA will offer members of professional societies in a Bahrain with a special registration rate, the same rate ($500) that is offered to BIA members. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013