Burgan gets nod for stake buy in Maltese bank
Kuwait, May 30, 2013
Burgan Bank said on Thursday it received regulatory approval to buy a 25 percent stake in Malta's Fimbank.
Burgan, the commercial banking arm of Kuwait Projects Co (KIPCO), said in October it was planning to buy the stake in the trade finance specialist for an undisclosed price.
Burgan, which also bought the Turkish arm of EFG Eurobank last year, has received approval from Maltese authorities for the Fimbank purchase, Thursday's statement to the stock exchange said. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head