Women entrepreneurs get business tips
UAE, May 29, 2013
Young and aspiring Emirati women entrepreneurs were motivated through the experience and advice of expert speakers at a forum today.
The first edition of the Emirati Young Women Entrepreneur Leadership Forum, organised under the patronage of Sheikha Latifa Bint Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, was inaugurated by the Zayed University in collaboration with Dubai Business Women Council (DBWC) and was held at Zayed University Dubai Convention Center, Dubai Academic City.
Raja Easa Saleh Al Gurg, president of Dubai Business Women Council, who was the keynote speaker at the forum, said: “Entrepreneurship remains one of the key elements in our continuing thrust for women empowerment in the UAE. By encouraging more women to be entrepreneurs, we are harnessing the largely untapped potential of women to become key contributors to the social and economic development of the society."
"DBWC is therefore looking forward to further strengthen our partnership with Zayed University and other like-minded institutions to organize several more initiatives that promote entrepreneurship among women. The Forum has actually received a very enthusiastic response from women of different social status, and this is a clear indication that we are moving in the right direction towards creating a new generation of successful women entrepreneurs in the UAE,” he added.
DBWC also organises the monthly event ‘Network Majlis’ to provide information about the latest knowledge, skills and best practices for women entrepreneurs and leaders, a statement said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award