Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
Dubai, May 23, 2013
UAE-based Mashreq, a leading financial institution, plans to launch an enhanced version of its mobile banking app, which will be made available to customers on Blackberry10 and Windows8 and tablet based platforms.
The current version of the app is available on Apple and Android phones. Registration and usage of the upgraded version called Snapp is simple and free of cost, Mashreq said in a statement.
Customers may also access Mashreq Snapp using their MashreqOnline username and password, it added.
This advanced mobile banking application will provide customers a simple and user-friendly access to their bank accounts from their smartphone.
Snapp App is built on Vipera Platform, a flexible software technology from Europe that allows full mobile access to any financial services data or transactional activity/transaction.
One of the most unique features of Snapp is the GPS locator for Mashreq Flavors Dining Programme, which hosts details of discounts up to 25 per cent and locations of more than 650 partner restaurants.
Aref Al Ramli, head of Electronic Business & Innovation at Mashreq said, “Smartphones constitute 43.7 per cent of total cellular handsets in the UAE and this is expected to witness an increase. Mobile banking has great potential in the region, especially in the UAE which has a 90 per cent penetration rate.
“At Mashreq, we focus on making banking convenient for our customers by providing them with access when and where they need it. We use the combination of people and technology to deliver the service and convenience that is right for our customers."
Customers can take advantage of this customer Interaction model by downloading the application from the Apple or Android stores. Non-Mashreq customers will have the opportunity to view product offers, such as zero per cent Easy Payment Plan and Travel Programme, locate nearby restaurants, Mashreq branches and ATMs without having to log in.
Snapp Mashreq Mobile Banking employs state-of-the-art technology to ensure the highest standard of security. Customers receive an instant SMS alert on their registered mobile number for every financial transaction. Furthermore, only beneficiaries activated via One Time Password will be enabled for bill payment or money transfer.
Members can download the Android application from the Android Store or download the iPhone application from the Apple App Store. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs