Arabtec $650m rights issue to open on June 9
Dubai, May 23, 2013
Dubai-based contractor Arabtec, part-owned by Abu Dhabi state fund Aabar Investments, will begin subscription for a $650 million rights issue on June 9, the UAE's market regulator said on Thursday.
The company got regulatory approval to "start subscription in new capital shares," according to a statement from the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA).
Arabtec had said in March that the fundraising was part of a five-year expansion plan, which could include a further capital increase of $650 million by the end of 2014 if needed.
Arabtec, builder of Dubai's famous palm islands, replaced its chief executive earlier this year in a shake-up led by Aabar, its largest shareholder, which has been tightening its grip on the group. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity