Bahrain to host key Arab exchange talks
Manama, May 22, 2013
Bahrain will be hosting the annual meeting of Arab Federation of Exchanges (AFE), which boasts of 17 exchanges and financial markets along with seven clearing companies as its members, in 2015.
Bahrain Bourse director Fouad Rashid said the decision was made during the 38th annual meeting of the AFE held in Tunisia, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
During the meeting, the Bahrain's stock exchange proposed hosting the meeting, which was agreed to by all members given that the annual meeting next year will be held in Saudi Arabia.
Rashid said it was a matter of pride that the kingdom was chosen as a venue for the meeting given the federation's role in developing the capital markets sector and securities market.
He also praised the efforts of the AFE general secretariat and all those working in the federation for implementing the recommendations and projects.
Rashid said that Bahrain has been working through the federation on implementing initiatives to develop the capital markets sector in Arab countries in a way that it will support the involvement of the sector to the development process in these countries and contribute to its capability to attract more investments in various economic sectors.
The Arab Federation of Exchanges was established in 1978, having 17 exchanges and financial markets along with seven clearing companies as members. It's mission is to create fair and transparent environment in Arab stock exchanges.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Bahrain |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals