Ahli United expands key POS service
Manama, May 21, 2013
Bahrain-based Ahli United Bank (AUB) is rapidly expanding point of sale (POS) acquiring in the kingdom with its hitech systems and terminals and innovative features.
This is to meet the growing needs and expectations of retail chains, hospitality, travel, telecom, utility services, commercial establishments and other sectors, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"AUB's POS solution is engineered to the highest global standards and offers improved features and efficiency in operations," said deputy group chief executive Abdulla Al Raeesi.
"The bank will soon be launching its dynamic currency converter which will enable merchants to earn foreign exchange income on overseas card transactions in Bahrain. This feature is ideal for hotels, travel, tourism and high-end fashion chains where use of international credit and debit cards are significant," explained Al Raeesi.
"New features already launched such as the multi-lane solution for hypermarkets and the fully integrated 3C solution for the hotel sector have received a very encouraging response," he said.
AUB provides clients with the-art GPRS terminals which offer faster response times and are convenient for use in restaurants and other outlets with high traffic flows for improved turnaround time and efficiency.
"These many unique features have been enabled through a strategic tie-up with Network International, which holds a commanding position in the merchant acquiring space in the UAE," said Al Raeesi.
"This is a result of its superior technology, committed service delivery and improved turnaround times, all of which are critical requirements for a robust and growth-oriented POS service," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook