MEPS, Umniah ink MasterCard services deal
Amman, May 19, 2013
Middle East Payment Services (MEPS), a leading payment services firm, has signed an agreement with Umniah, a top telecom operator in Jordan, under which Umniah customers will have access MasterCard services.
MEPS will install point-of-sale (POS) devices at Umniah’s various branches and showrooms across Jordan to offer secure, convenient and user-friendly MasterCard acceptance services.
MEPS will also provide Umniah with around-the-clock technical support, card authorization and ongoing monitoring security services.
MEPS chairman Dr Abdel Malek Jaber said: “Customers today are on the look-out for secure payment services for their cashless transactions, and we believe that it is our responsibility to provide them with a safe and efficient card payment experience. We are proud to have signed this agreement, and we hope to extend additional payment services and solutions to Umniah in the near future.”
CEO of Umniah, Ihab Hinnawi, said: “We are continuously working to provide our customers with added value across all of our touch points, and we believe that delivering premium and secure card payment services will add value to their overall experience at Umniah.
“MEPS’ proven track record positions them as the ideal partner of choice for Umniah, and we are confident that this agreement will mark the beginning of a successful partnership for all involved parties.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity