Pinebridge names CIO for Mena, Turkey
Manama, May 16, 2013
PineBridge Investments, a leading global, independent asset manager, has appointed Wael Aburida as chief investment officer (CIO) for Mena and Turkey.
Aburida will lead PineBridge's Mena private equity and real estate team covering Mena and Turkey, with responsibility for deal origination, negotiations, execution, portfolio management and exits.
Based in Bahrain, Aburida will report to Pinebridge Investments Midle East chief executive Talal Alzain.
"Wael is an ideal fit for PineBridge, bringing a broad range of global and regional expertise that will help us meet growing client demand for private equity and real estate solutions," said Alzain.
Aburida said : "While private equity is slowing in some developed markets, there is significant regional demand for proprietary private equity and real estate deals. We will be capitalising on this demand for high quality direct investment opportunities, rigorous due diligence and active portfolio management of investments.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO