Abu Dhabi April inflation slows to 0.6pc
Abu Dhabi, May 15, 2013
Abu Dhabi's annual inflation in April slowed to 0.6 per cent compared to the previous month, according to data released by Abu Dhabi Statistics Centre.
Housing and utility costs, which account for almost 38 per cent of consumer expenses, fell 0.6 per cent year-on-year in April.
The food prices, which make up 16 per cent of the basket, fell 1 per cent from the previous month. The statistics office did not provide an annual change for the item.
Analysts polled by Reuters in April forecast average inflation in the UAE federation to accelerate to 1.6 per cent in 2013 from 0.7 per cent in 2012, which was the lowest level since 1990.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head