GCC GDP grows 28pc to hit $1.4trn in 2011
Manama, May 14, 2013
GCC's GDP grew 28 per cent to $1.4 trillion in 2011, said a senior Bahrain government official, adding that the GCC trade exchange with other countries reached $1.2 trillion in the same year.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro was speaking at the 28th joint meeting between the GCC General Secretariat and heads and members of the GCC Chamber of Commerce held in Bahrain, according to a report in the Gulf daily News, our sister publication.
The minister also discussed the resolutions of the Gulf Summit held last December as well as various economic and business indicators. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar says no plans to issue international debt in 2014
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'
- Islamic banking ‘sustainable way forward’
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications