Al Baraka Q1 net profit up 15pc
Dubai, May 12, 2013
Bahrain-based Islamic lender Al Baraka Banking Group posted a 15-percent increase in first-quarter net income, the bank said on Sunday.
Al Baraka, which has operations across the Middle East, Asia and Africa, said first-quarter net income rose to $66 million from $57 million in the year-ago period, it said in a statement on Sunday.
The bank made a total operating income of $233 million in the first quarter of 2013, up 16 percent over same period in 2012, it said.
Chief executive officer Adnan Ahmed Yousif told Reuters last month that the bank plans to expand its global footprint with a focus on Africa under a five-year plan that includes investments in Libya and Morocco. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low