Saudi non-oil exports down 6pc in March
Riyadh, May 9, 2013
Saudi Arabia's non-oil exports fell six per cent in March to hit SR16.5 billion ($4.39 billion) from SR17.5 billion last year, official data showed.
However, Saudi's imports in the non-oil sector grew 13 per cent year on year to hit SR51.1 billion compared to SR45.3 billion last year, said the data released by Central Department of Statistics and Information.
The non-oil sector accounts for around 12 per cent of the overall exports of Saudi Arabia, the world' s largest oil exporter, it added.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school