Al Ramz UAE brokering hits nearly $600m
Dubai, May 8, 2013
UAE-based Al Ramz Securities, a leading financial services firm, posted its fourth consecutive month of market leadership by trading Dh2.2 billion ($598.8 million) in April to account for 9.86 per cent of national brokering.
For the period April 1 to 30, Al Ramz came second at the Dubai Financial Market (DFM), posting Dh1.28 billion for an 8.5 per cent share. It led the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) at Dh919.99 million to gain a 12.69 per cent share of local trade.
After topping the DFM in 2012 and ranking third nationally, Al Ramz is now on track to post its best-ever annual performance. Company officials attribute the excellent figures and the sustained leadership momentum to key infrastructural and systems improvements, new products, and strategic hires.
“This has been a remarkable first quarter for Al Ramz and we would like to take our hats off to our loyal customers and hard-working team for making us number one,” said Mohammad Al Mortada Al Dandashi, partner & managing director, Al Ramz Securities.
“Compared to last year’s figures we can say that we have really come of age as the UAE’s premier brokerage house this year, thanks to better infrastructure, top-notch personnel and attractive products.
“We have more operational and service improvements in the pipeline which will enable us to capitalize on our favorable market position and end 2013 on the strongest note possible,’ he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov