Dubai repays $909m bonds on maturity
Dubai, May 5, 2013
The government of Dubai has fully repaid Dh3.34 billion ($909 million) of bonds which were due on April 23, the emirate's media office said in a statement on Sunday.
The repayment was part of a dual-tranche, Dh15 billion medium-term facility issued in April 2008, the statement said.
"This repayment reaffirms Dubai Government's commitment to deal with its repayment obligations in a proactive manner," Abdulrahman Saleh al-Saleh, director general of Dubai's department of finance, said in the statement.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3