Barclays names wealth & investment director
Dubai, April 30, 2013
Barclays, a global specialist in private banking and wealth planning, has announced the appointment of Marc Hakim as director within the Wealth and Investment Management division.
Hakim holds more than 20 years of experience in the private banking and management industry and will be responsible for developing and servicing high net worth (HNW) and ultra-high net worth (UHNW) clients in the region.
Rory Gilbert, managing director and head of Wealth and Investment Management in Mena said: “Mena region remains an important focus for the Wealth and Investment Management division’s growth strategy. With the recent addition to the team, we have substantially complemented our strong existing set-up.”
“I am delighted to welcome Marc Hakim as we continue to expand the team. Marc’s appointment will add depth to our client management team covering the Middle East market, and he will be an integral part of the planned expansion of our high net worth proposition across the region,” he added.
Hakim joins Barclays from Bank Julius Baer where he was an executive director for the Middle East region.
He holds a Masters in Business Administration degree in International Business from Schiller International University, Paris. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs