Barclays names wealth & investment director
Dubai, April 30, 2013
Barclays, a global specialist in private banking and wealth planning, has announced the appointment of Marc Hakim as director within the Wealth and Investment Management division.
Hakim holds more than 20 years of experience in the private banking and management industry and will be responsible for developing and servicing high net worth (HNW) and ultra-high net worth (UHNW) clients in the region.
Rory Gilbert, managing director and head of Wealth and Investment Management in Mena said: “Mena region remains an important focus for the Wealth and Investment Management division’s growth strategy. With the recent addition to the team, we have substantially complemented our strong existing set-up.”
“I am delighted to welcome Marc Hakim as we continue to expand the team. Marc’s appointment will add depth to our client management team covering the Middle East market, and he will be an integral part of the planned expansion of our high net worth proposition across the region,” he added.
Hakim joins Barclays from Bank Julius Baer where he was an executive director for the Middle East region.
He holds a Masters in Business Administration degree in International Business from Schiller International University, Paris. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school