Bahrain offers ‘favourable investment climate’
Manama, April 28, 2013
Bahrain offered modern facilities and fast procedures as well as appropriate social climate and legislation for investors from around the world that encouraged settling and working in the country, said a top official.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro was speaking in a meeting with Arab-British Chamber of Commerce chairperson Baroness Elizabeth Symons and secretary-general and chief executive Dr Afnan Al Shuaiby in London, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Present were Bahrain Ambassador to the UK Alice Samaan, Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) chairman Dr Essam Fakhro, BCCI representative Othman Shareef, board members and senior ministry officials.
The meeting came on the sidelines of the economic delegation's visit to the UK to take part in the London Economic Forum.
Dr Fakhro highlighted growing economic co-operation between Bahrain and the UK following the signing of key agreements.
They also reviewed joint investment projects.
The minister praised outstanding efforts undertaken by the Arab-British Chamber of Commerce in supporting the economic strategies of both countries.
He stressed Bahrain's constant efforts to enhance relations with Britain.
Dr Fakhro also met Middle East Association general director Matthew Smith and praised the association's active role in enhancing relations between Arab countries and the UK.
Economic issues and joint projects were discussed. Association member David Loyed was present. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity