Bahrain offers ‘favourable investment climate’
Manama, April 28, 2013
Bahrain offered modern facilities and fast procedures as well as appropriate social climate and legislation for investors from around the world that encouraged settling and working in the country, said a top official.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro was speaking in a meeting with Arab-British Chamber of Commerce chairperson Baroness Elizabeth Symons and secretary-general and chief executive Dr Afnan Al Shuaiby in London, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Present were Bahrain Ambassador to the UK Alice Samaan, Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) chairman Dr Essam Fakhro, BCCI representative Othman Shareef, board members and senior ministry officials.
The meeting came on the sidelines of the economic delegation's visit to the UK to take part in the London Economic Forum.
Dr Fakhro highlighted growing economic co-operation between Bahrain and the UK following the signing of key agreements.
They also reviewed joint investment projects.
The minister praised outstanding efforts undertaken by the Arab-British Chamber of Commerce in supporting the economic strategies of both countries.
He stressed Bahrain's constant efforts to enhance relations with Britain.
Dr Fakhro also met Middle East Association general director Matthew Smith and praised the association's active role in enhancing relations between Arab countries and the UK.
Economic issues and joint projects were discussed. Association member David Loyed was present. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013