Bahrain to host GCC CMA summit
Manama, April 22, 2013
The GCC-Certified Management Accountant (GCC CMA) Summit 2013 will be held in Bahrain next month under the patronage of Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro.
The two-day event will start with a speech by Dr Fakhro at 6pm on May 2 at the Alfanar Hall, Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence and Spa, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
On May 3, the sessions will start at 8.30am and end at 5.30pm.
Organised by Bahrain Overseas Centre of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India, the event is part of the several professional development programmes being organised by the centre.
Association members, students, professionals from Bahrain, other GCC countries and India are expected to attend.
Themed 'Management accountants - partners in progress', the summit will include several panel discussions and interactive sessions by local and international experts.
Topics to be discussed include: Management accountants as business partners, Recession and profession - CMA initiatives, Effective cost control techniques for manufacturing and service industries, IT and management accounting, Strategic financial and risk management, Currency unification - boon or bane? and other topic of interest to management accountants and the industry at large.
It is being sponsored and supported by Ahlia University, Alba, State Bank of India, UAE Exchange, New India Assurance, Solidarity Insurance, Maskati Bros and Sakana Holistic Housing Solutions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head
- Qatar says no plans to issue international debt in 2014
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'
- Islamic banking ‘sustainable way forward’
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target