Mashreq unveils new travel programme
Dubai, April 21, 2013
UAE-based Mashreq has announced the launch of a special travel programme to help customers take off with exciting travel benefits and offers on their Mashreq credit and debit cards.
Customers can look forward to never-before benefits when they make their flight and holiday bookings using their Mashreq card, a statement from the bank said.
For the first time in the UAE, all Mashreq credit card members can now purchase their tickets from any airline to any destination in the world and repay them later in equal monthly installments for up to 6 months at zero interest.
This convenience gives card members the flexibility to choose the airline and destination of their choice and enables them to enjoy their dream holiday without worrying about large bills to be paid on their return.
Customers need to make their booking directly through the airline’s offices or online sites and call Mashreq to convert the same to 0 per cent easy payment plan programme, the statement said.
Additionally, they can now look forward to enjoying their overseas holiday with ultimate convenience and peace of mind thanks to complimentary travel insurance. This best-in-class comprehensive travel insurance includes medical expenses, travel inconvenience, purchase protection, wallet protection for the primary card member as well as the supplementary card member, it said.
The service is free to all customers who make their holiday bookings with their Mashreq platinum or titanium credit cards or Mashreq platinum debit cards.
Nimish Dwivedi, head of payments at Mashreq, said: “With travel being a key aspect of a customer’s lifestyle, our objective was to create a programme which takes care of every aspect of their holiday bookings.”
“Our travel programme concentrates on savings, protection and convenience – all key aspects to keep in mind while making travel plans. With the flexibility to fly anywhere on any airline and pay later in interest, free installments, peace of mind with free travel insurance and amazing discounts on flights and holiday packages, all that customers need to do now is pack and get set for their dream holiday!”
Valid till June 30, all Mashreq credit and debit cardholders can enjoy discounts of up to 15 per cent on airline tickets and holiday packages to the most popular destinations across Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa through travel partners SNTTA, Make My Trip and Air Arabia.
Card members can also get more value by earning Salaam points on their discounted spends.
Customers will also continue to get rewarded for international spends on their card through the Mashreq salaam rewards programme – up to five salaam points for every Dh1 ($0.27) spent overseas on their credit card and one salaam point for every Dh1 spent on their debit card.
Moreover, Mashreq’s debit card holders can enjoy free and unlimited international ATM withdrawals and cashback on their overseas spends. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook