DP World inks deal with UAE auditors
Dubai, April 20, 2013
DP World, UAE Region and the UAE Accountants and Auditors Association (AAA) have signed a MoU to collaborate on professional training and to provide qualified staff for the largest marine terminal and port operator in the region.
At a ceremony held in Jebel Ali, Mohammed Al Muallem, senior VP and managing director, DP World, UAE Region, and Saif Mohammed bin Abed Al Muhairi, the chairman of UAE AAA signed the MoU in presence of senior officials from AAA and DP World.
Under the agreement, AAA will provide high quality professional training programmes along with the requirements for Continuing Professional Education (CPE). Registering DP World, UAE Region’s financial department employees as AAA members will support annual training requirements.
On the agreement, Al Muallem said, "As a leading UAE business keen to develop accounting, bookkeeping, and auditing disciplines, we are confident that this partnership with AAA will further improve our accounting and financial standards."
"We are encouraging employees working in the accounting field to join the association and benefit from its excellent training courses," he stated.
Lauding the role of DP World in supporting the national economy, Al Muhairi said, "Through this agreement we are looking forward to their employees joining the Association to benefit from our training courses and specialised seminars. Employees can expect membership to improve their performance and develop their professional capabilities."
"Elsewhere, we aim to develop strategic relations with institutions and companies to raise the awareness of professional accounting as a profession," he stated.
Mariam Al Rasasi, (CPA) finance director, DP World, UAE Region, said, “We are committed to supporting the highest possible international financial reporting standards to support our strategic objectives and we are confident that cooperation with the AAA will help to achieve this goal and enable us to develop our staff in their careers.”
DP World, UAE Region holds the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Platinum Approved Employer Certificate, as recognition for its role in providing training and development opportunities for its employees in the accounting department.
The ACCA, based in the UK, is the largest accounting body in the world with 154,000 members in 170 countries.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs